Thursday, July 21, 2011

TAP DANCE and Life at K-2

I'mmmmmmmmmm baaaaaaaackkkkk! (well, technically I have been back for awhile now). Didya miss me? My greatest apologies for being missing in action for oh-so-long. As you can probably imagine, I have quite a few things to update you on! First things first, KANAKUK!


For those of you who aren't familiar with Kanakuk, it is a Christian sports kamp located on Table Rock Lake near Branson, MO. For those of you who are familiar with Kanakuk, you may know it as Heaven on Earth. Truly, it is an incredible place filled with amazing individuals who love the Lord, sports, having fun, going crazy and making memories. 

It was my third (and final) summer working at K-2 (the highschool kamp). I worked one term and had two unforgettable kabins of girls...but I am getting ahead of myself, allow me to give you a glimpse of what K-2 staff is like before the kiddos even get there--staff training/workweek!


We like to dress up in our best tourist attire (note the chacos and socks) and run around K-2 taking pictures!

oh, and throwing one of our work week cabinmates through a basketball goal, totally normal!

Replecating an awkward lovely family photo

{not pictured: hours and hours of raking, weeding and painting while singing Disney songs and playing 100s of rounds of 20 questions and "I'm thinking of someone"}

Work week was epic, in fact, I'll go as far as to say it was AWECREPIC, which was the new word we invented combining Awesome, Crazy and Epic!

Soon enough staff training was over and we were dying for our kampers to get there! I got matched up with an amazing Co and together we counseled eleven 17 year olds for two weeks. 

Hi-lights: "That deserves a tap-dance"
                "Under NO circumstance"
                 Savannah teaching the rest of the Kabin the art of a 1 minute shower, "You just keep turning, never stop turning"
                 Hey girl Heyyyy, Whatsup-Whatsup
                 K-Wet challenge course bonding
                 I was the "strict" counselor....riiiiight!?!

Caitlin (my co) and I


Macey and I were fierce super-heros at the Justice League Party!


Why not dress up like princesses and sing Disney songs at dinner?

Returning dresses to the skit closet, and no, my *real* wedding dress train is not that long

Fit pumps for Kanakuk Koffee Kake!

Joe White himself, serving up the famous Sunday breakfast!

Dancing through the decades with Sarah at the "Klub Deuce" Party!


The time passed WAYYY to quickly and it was time to say goodbye to this bunch of ladies. 


The next term I had two new co-counselors and we were "moms", friends and encouragers to twelve 15 year old girls! We got to live in one of the oldest kabins at kamp with a spiral staircase and the outdoor bathrooms that we like to call the "mutts".

Afton, me and Cori---a great team!

Hi-lights of second term included a "spa" day:

(turning into aliens  face mask step-by-step)

looking mighty relaxed and spa-rific!

This group of girls were high-energy, which at kamp we call FUAGNEM (Fired Up And Going Nuts Every Minute). We had tons of fun as a kabin and the Lord did incredible things in each of these gals lives. At the end of term we had several young women get baptized and a few others re-commit their lives to Christ!

This is me trekking down "girls" trail to drive boats!

I could never get sick of this view

THE BLOB!

Driving (and constantly pinching myself--I can't believe I get paid to do this!)


Making the trip up Cardiac Hill after Baptisms!

Working on my chaco tan during morning quiet time

It was an AWECREPIC summer, definitely one for the books!

Love and Prayers,
Court

No comments:

Post a Comment