Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Survivor and Newsies


(source)

Andrew and I played outside for hours in the summer. Two of our favorite games we played were Newsies and Survivor. I distinctly remember grinding up various leaves and berries to make "war paint" for our "challenges" while playing survivor. We would often go down to the creek and have various competitions. 

We also LOVED the movie Newsies and once, while acting out the film, wrote STRIKE with chalk on the privacy fence...(if you have seen the musical, this will make sense to you) It seemed like a good idea at the time, but it took off a layer of the stain on the fence, so for probably 8-10 months our fence had STRIKE on it before it finally wore off! 

Oh summers, at the Pennington's...always an adventure!

Love and Prayers,
Court

1 comment:

  1. as you know...I am still a fan of survivor, which means I love this post.
    also, I saw fireflies out tonight...and thought of you!!! I hope you are having a wonderful time at camp!!!!

    ReplyDelete