Friday, April 1, 2011

A "Purple Thumb" and Spring Cleaning

The day has completely escaped me! I can't believe it is past eight! I don't think I have time to write a Boston post (those have been taking me for-ev-er) before I head to my friend Emily's birthday get-together...But I wanted to pop in and tell you about my day!

I had a pretty lazy morning spent reading, drinking iced coffee and munching on frozen blueberries. I was about 3/4 through the baggie when I looked down and realized that I have a purple thumb (well and pointer finger, and teeth and lips) Haha! I mean, we have all heard of gardeners having green thumbs but what type of prowess to I receive for having a purple thumb? None. Shucks. I was hoping to be able to do something cool, you know, like turn myself into a blueberry like Violet Beauregarde or something!



I am a generally clean person. I like things to be in their place, neat and tidy! I hate going to bed when my desk is messy and if I don't have time to clean, I will at least put things in neat piles to give the appearance of cleanliness...

Well let me tell you, this week all of that went to the wayside! I was so busy with my first week of practicum, getting back to "real life" after spring break and studying for the final exams in my methods courses that my side of the room "exploded".

I am about to be super vulnerable with you and expose my messy desk/side of the room. EEeks. Don't judge me.


What a pigsty! Well I knew that before an ounce of homework was completed for the weekend I would need to do a little "spring cleaning." This involved 2 loads of laundry, washing bed sheets, taking everything out of drawers, hole punching and re-filing end of the year papers/handouts, dusting my shelves and basically reorganizing my whole area. It took me the better part of the day, but I feel like I can breathe again and am not feeling claustrophobic just sitting at my desk. Mission accomplished!





Well, I better run, we are heading over to the birthday party!

So tell me...


Does your "busyness" dictate the cleanliness of your room/house?


What is on your "spring cleaning" to-do list?


Enjoy your Friday night!

Love and Prayers,
Court

No comments:

Post a Comment