Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Great Hall and Bird's Eye Boston


Look at that beautiful Manhattan sunset! God is such a good artist! Love getting reminders like this in the midst of a stressful week!
Hello!
Teacher outfit of the day was Black Dress Pants (Gap) Cream Embellished Shirt (Ann Taylor) and Yellow Cardigan (Erin's Closet--Thanks girl!) Black Flats (Target)

School today was fun but exhausting.  I will definitely have some funny stories to report on tomorrow's "Students Say The Darndest Things" so prepare yourselves for some giggles!

Annnnnnd now, I proudly present.....the last of the Boston installment...*duh-duh-duhhhhhh* Is he  she doing her own theme music? (Oh ya, Emperors New Groove...who loves that movie?)

Right, anywho....here we go!

The last Sunday I was in Boston, Johnny and I had no plans whatsoever. We were debating what we should do when Johnny just said, "Lets go back into the city again today" Soooo, we bundled up and decided that we would check out the Newbury St/ Back Bay area!


We had tons of fun walking around in the sunshine, window shopping and popping into a store or two. 


Again, beautiful architecture all around us...tons of neat, ornate churches and apartment buildings above the storefronts. 



We grabbed lunch at The Upper Crust. It was de-lic-ious! The slice of cheese pizza I got was bigger than my face and I gobbled it up in no time. It was a darn good slice of pizza and I loved the bike they had chained outside with a huge box attached for deliveries...How cool is that?


One of the day's hilights was stumbling upon the Boston Public Library! If you look at the picture on the bottom right you are sure to see Aslan! And I am pretty sure that if I studied in the big room  Great Hall with antique green lamps I would definitely ace my test  feel like Hermione Granger~


We loved exploring Copley Square! 
Slow and Steady Wins the Race...




One of my favorite pictures! The Trinity Church reflected in the John Hancock Tower!



We decided to take a tour of the city from the sky! We went all the way to the top of the Prudential building to the Skywalk Observatory. They gave us little sound recordings and you followed the numbers posted above the windows, then clicked "play." We could see the whole city and it definitely helped us to "get our bearings" about were everything was. The whole time we were there we kept looking at each other and saying "we LOVE Boston"!!!


After walking around a bit more we decided to head through the Boston Common and catch a train back home! The sun was just starting to set and everything was blanketed in golden light--it was an absolutely beautiful evening!









What a wonderful trip! I can't believe I get to live here in a little over 8 months! Horray!

Hope you have enjoyed your tour of the city and Mr's new life in Massachusetts! We are pretty stinkin' excited for this next chapter of life! Glad you can "join" us!

Love and Prayers, 
Court


No comments:

Post a Comment