Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fred Flintstone and Microwave Cookies!

Last night I was working on some stuff for school and chatting with my roomie when all of a sudden I just had a strong hankering for cookies. Now, I would love to just head down to my kitchen and whip up a batch but that takes a lot of work, leaves you with a lot of cookies and messy a kitchen. Not to mention, living in a sorority with 74 ladies means our kitchen is industrialized and lets be honest, ovens that big are just a bit intimidating. Soooo I pondered what to do to satisfy this craving. I wanted it to be (relatively) healthy, quick and somewhat filling. When dinner is served at five and bedtime isn't typically until midnight or after--healthy snackage is a necessity!

Here is what I came up with. Adapted from Carrots 'N' Cake!


Healthy Coconut Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie
(anyone wanna help me re-name this cookie...suggestions are WELCOMED!)

1/3 cup of rolled oats
1 egg white
dash of cinnamon
plop of vanilla
1/4 cup of coconut flakes
10ish chocolate chips 
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 packet stevia
1 tsp brown sugar

I mixed all the above ingredients together in a microwave safe cereal bowl in no particular order, then scraped the sides of the bowl down leaving everything at the bottom and popped it in the microwave on high for 1 min 30 seconds.

I transfered mine from a bowl to a plate then devoured it! Mmmm! Sorry I had to take a "sample bite" before snapping a picture...I wanted to make sure my recipe combo was "blog-worthy". It would be so easy to adapt and change this recipe. I am already imagining it with slivered almonds, crasins and white choc chops...MMM!


This morning I woke up and had a much needed quiet time. With all the craziness of this semester, (moving Johnny to Boston, keeping up with school and other obligations) I have not sought out the solitude and prayer time I've needed.  This morning it was like the Lord just stopped me in my tracks and said, "Come to Me".

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:29-29


It was wonderful to be in His presence this morning and feel the worries and cares of my week just slip away.

On a silly note, switching gears--


If you are one of those people who are:

afraid of/hate the sight of/ are extremely grossed out by

FEET

It would be to your benefit to close your eyes, scroll a time or two, then take a procacutionary peek and see if you have made it to the awkward mirror pic. At that point you are safe and I promise there will be no more foot discussion or pictures.

If you have a "normal" relationship with feet...Carry on!




Last night some girlfriends and I enjoyed some quality time together catching up about our weeks and painting nails. I decided to break out of my norm and chose a mint/sea-foam color for my toe-sies. Not 100% sure how "professional" this is for my school wardrobe, but...hey, a girl's gotta break out of the box every once in awhile right?

And since I can hardly post a picture of my feet without acknowledging their awkward appearance I suppose I should elaborate. Yes, It's true, I have Fred Flintstone feet. They are oddly small for my 5'6'' frame...measuring at about a woman's size five and a half. Here is where it gets tricky though. If you were to look in my closet, every shoe is a size seven. Oh why you ask? Welllllll That would be because they are SO STINKIN' WIDE! Honestly, they are about as wide as they are long. 

Yup, its out in the open now, I have square feet. Nearly every toe (sans big toe and pinkie) are the same size, and my pinkie doesn't even deserve to be counted as a digit because it is such a stub. But there you go. That is my "True Confessions: I have Fred Flintstone Feet" story! 

(This is from the roadtrip to Boston...See what I mean...So wide and awkward)

It's a good thing I have already snagged myself a man who can look past my weirdo feet!! Haha! He is such a keeper! :)


Sweater (TJ Maxx) Cami (Target) Pencil Skirt (Target) "Designer" Wedges (Payless)

 Today we got to teach a math lesson! We broke the class up into three groups and each of the teachers ran a center. My center was all about Pentominoes and I got to use the math manipulatives kit that I created for my KSU class! It was fun and the kiddos really enjoyed it! I was excited to see my lesson "come to life" as I taught it to kids and watched them work with the manipulatives. The "wheels" were turning and they blew me away with how much they could accomplish in a 22 minute center!



Now I am munching on some frozen berries, listening to music and getting ready to head to Ichthus Campus Ministry!

Hope everyone enjoys their Thursday!

Love and Prayers, 
Court


1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love all of Tina's goodies?! I'll make your cookie sometime. :)

    I think crazy colors are a must for spring!

    ReplyDelete