Friday, April 29, 2011

Acton Town Forest and "Egg" Pan


I Love Rainy Day Hikes!

 My weekend visit to Acton was uneventful, but fun! Johnny and I spent Friday night laying around, watching Lost and eating frozen pizza...very low key, but just what we were in the mood for!


 It was a rainy Saturday! Sooo, we decided to continue to lounge around the apartment, make pancakes and enjoy some quality time together! By late afternoon, we were ready for a change of scenery and we decided to go on a drive. Our drive turned into a rainy day hike when we found a neat trail we wanted to explore! 



It was really wet and muddy, but that made it that much more fun! We took turns "foraging" through the  forest. I just looked up the definition for foraging, apparently it means: the acquisition of food by hunting, fishing, or the gathering of plant matter. Well, that is not "our" definition...when we say foraging we are referring to the navigation through sticks, mud, fallen trees and rocks in attempt to keep feet dry and not fall into obstacles or the three terrors of the fire swamp...Flame Spurt, Lightning Sand, 
Rodents of Unusual Size (Princess Bride Anyone?) 



There was one point when no amount of skillful "foraging" was going to save my tootsies from the standing water...so Mr. gave me a piggyback ride--So kind! There were also some fallen logs laying parallel to each other over a mud pit, we practiced "teamwork" skills we learned wayyy back at Wildwood (adventure/teambuilding camp) in elementary school and held hands while we balanced each other and made it across victoriously!

 Beautiful Barn next to the trail!


Does anyone else think there is a striking resemblance between Johnny and The Beast in this picture? Perhaps it is just me...
Sometimes Johnny likes to trick me into thinking he is going to kiss me on the cheek then shoes his teeth just like Beast. Its okay, like Belle, I can put up with it and see his "inner beauty"

We woke up on Easter Sunday and went to church, then did a little grocery shopping. My Easter present from Mr. was this cute little individual egg frying pan! Oh the little things in life that make me happy! Haha, It was better than any old Easter Egg hunt, for it allows me to enjoy delish, perfectly round eggs any time of the year! :) Johnny laughed at me the whole time he took these pictures...


Yummy!!!

 
Mr. and I REALLY want to get a puppy, but until further notice the only pets in our life are on Johnny's TV screen saver...I named the fish (from L to R) Buttercup, Sugar Plum Fairy and Warrior. They make a great trio! Pa-Hahaha!

On our way to the Acton Town Forest, located basically in Mr's backyard, we dropped off some recycling at the recycle center his apartment complex has! Naturally, I snapped a pic because I have some odd obsession with capturing the little daily things in life!



 



 Johnny and I took a leisurely stroll through the forest and talked about our childhood. We dreamed together about how fun it will be to experience childhood from the perspective of parenthood. We laughed about how much he and I still LOVE imagination, adventure and playing games. Basically, we secretly hope that we will get plugged into a cool small group/church community with "child-like-heart-people" like us so we can invite them over for a BBQ then play capture the flag in the forest. We even scouted out a PERFECT dividing line and two home bases!


And the childish behavior continues...






Before I knew it, the weekend was over and it was time to say goodbye! It was a short but sweet weekend!




Love and Prayers, 
Court

1 comment: