Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wabash and Fuzzy Forts

Clearly, I am the lucky charm. 

I bought KSU basketball tickets this year, without considering my schedule too much, therefore failing to realize that I wouldn't be able to go to a significant chunk of the games. Well tonight I was free, so I bravely donned my purple attire, braved the arctic tundra that is Manhattan, KS and headed to Bramlage Coliseum to cheer on the Cats!





(I am trying to learn cool new settings on the camera Johnny got me...pretty fun!)

Yay! We beat  CREAMED the Nebraska Cornhuskers 69-53...no I am not exaggerating one bit, come on give us a break we need something to hoot, holler and celebrate!

I have to say (at risk of being shunned by all the much better and more faithful "bleed purple" k-staters) that it is still weird cheering on KSU in BBall, I mean I was born and raised on Jayhawk Basketball...Hello, I CRIED in 96 as a 1st grader when we lost to Syracuse. I have vivid memories of my mom and I yelling at the TV and always shouting "get the rebound" and discussing with one another how "we need a 10 point lead" :)  I knew every single player's name and number and got to introduce Jerod Haase when he came and spoke at our elementary school in second grade. I was a die hard fan. My dad would take turns taking us kids to Lawrence to see a game in Allen Fieldhouse whenever he got his hands on tickets from a friend from work. It was so much fun, I remember loving the atmosphere and just being on a date with my dad. He drove me around Lawrence, told me about college and we always ate at Yellow Sub. 

I don't really know why I went off on that tangent...ohhhh stream of continuousness. Basically, YAY I am glad the Wildcats finally got a victory tonight. 

In attempts to be positive and not whine about the arctic temperature, I am going to tell you what I am thankful for in light of the fact that it is currently 42 degrees in my room at Kappa. (and no, our power/heat is not off or broken...we just live in an old old house and my room happens to be one of the more drafty).

I am super duper thankful for my favorite blanket which I nicknamed Snuggleupogis (hmm, never spelled that out before...ya, that looks about right). This morning, I was trying to work on some things on the computer for Johnny and my hands were about to fall off while I was typing because it was so cold. *enter makeshift fort here* I was in my cocoon and I swear it was at least 10 degrees warmer. Very nice! 


 Second thing I am super duper thankful for is my smartwool socks. I hit the jackpot on socks this Christmas and a few pairs were smartwool. They keep my toesys oh-so-warm. And I also think it is appropriate that in my color-messing-with-weird-setting- on my camera, it decided to make my face blue...because that is how I felt....FROZEN.


7 layers of clothes and counting...

Love and Prayers, 
Court


No comments:

Post a Comment