Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Blogging Failures and Attempted Updates

Soooo, Blogging. Blogger. Maybe not my greatest success at life, yet I am hoping I can once again get back in the swing of things and start updating this crazy thing. While I am not banking on the fact that anyone reads this besides Hollie (Thanks for being faithful! You're the best), It would be nice to keep updated on life, and if nothing else just have a venue to process through things, post some pics and record memories.

Alrighteeeee, SO since I left you back in May I have:

Finished Spring Semester...Check
Watched Johnny Graduate...Check
Completed Staff Training at K2...Check
Counseled 11 Girls for 25 days at Kanakuk K2 T1...Check
Moved Johnny to Anaheim, CA...Check
Had Fun Adventures in CA...Check
Started Painting My Room in KC...Check

Yeppers, It has been busy.busy.busy. I am not quite sure how to explain in words how stinkin fun and amazing Kanakuk was this summer. I had an amazing Kabin of monthers. Most were going into their senior year of HS and one sweet gal is off to college in the fall. We had an incredible term of fun, memories and also growth and challenge to walk in greater intimacy with the Lord and align our lives to HIS Will and HIS Word. I had a wonderful Co who I was able to pray with and seek wise counsel from as together we mentored, encouraged, rebuked, loved, and comforted. God truly showed up in fantastic ways (He loves doing that)...and those 25 days were some I will never forget. Some hilights from term included two of our gals getting baptized, a great trip to K-Wild and some God-directed conversations that got to take place there, and a fantastic trip to K-Wet where our girls got to hear from godly men what they are looking for in a wife. This was such a special part of Kamp because literally before my eyes I got to watch these women come to realize that it is not their job to pursue, or throw themselves at some guy--instead they learned that in God's timing an amazing man will come into their lives and see the way they love the Lord and begin pursuing them, fighting a battle for their heart and affections. *end rant* . Can you tell I am equally passionate that ladies know about this divine plan for courtship? Haha. But seriously, Wet was a blast-we got to ski, hang out on the boats, do the challenge course, and bond completely as a Kabin with extended quiet/devo time! So fun. Kamp just flew by so quickly! Then before I knew it it was home for two days and then out to CA to move Johnny!

Johnny & I At Closings
Our Girls Singing At Flag!
Superdeal Trip! At The Blueberry Patch! Thundermuffins!
Having The Time Of Our Lives At K-Wet!
Katie And I At Galactica Spectacula!

Kampers (Megan and Carly) and I at K-Wet 


.....Stay Tuned For Stories & Updates From The California Trip... (I promise it won't be another 2 months until I update again)

No comments:

Post a Comment