Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Valleys and Rough Spots


Day One

This has been a difficult season. I feel like I have sort of drifted through life this past semester or so, failing to be very intentional about my spiritual journey. Well, God has layed strongly on my heart that this is the season for change. Forty days is a very significant amount of time in the Bible.
  • It rained for 40 days and 40 nights when God wanted to cleanse the world and start over.(Gen 7:12)

  • Moses was on the mountain with God for 40 days (TWICE) (Exodus 24:18, 34:28-29, Deuteronony 10:10)

  • Jonah warned the City of Nineveh they had 40 days until God would overthrow the city. The people repented in those 40 days and God spared the city.(Jonah 3:4, 10)

  • Jesus fasted for 40 days in the wilderness (Matt. 3:17, 4:1-2)

  • Jesus was seen in the earth 40 days after His crucifixion (Acts 1:3)

So there you are, a few of the many examples of the significance of forty days. I am starting today. I am making the commitment to spend more time in prayer. I will also finish memorizing the Sermon on the Mount in the Gospel Matthew. I will spend time enjoying God's presence through worship, meditation and study. I will allow the Word to impact, change and soften my heart.

Forty Days from today is also the day Johnny graduates from college. This is a significant change in our lives and relationship. I want to be prepared and grounded in the word and in prayer for all this next season holds. In 44 days we will be at Kanakuk for staff training immediately followed by first term. I want to be ready to impact the Kingdom and serve and love on kiddos with my whole heart. In order to do ministry effectively I MUST be disciplined and spending time with the Lord to be filled and pour out.

Day One....
Here we go! This is going to be such an amazing journey. The Lord is so faithful!

Love and Prayers,
Court

No comments:

Post a Comment